Monday, June 3, 2013

My first blog post

This is my first blog post. I'm not sure where this blog will lead us, so will post about a wide variety of topics and what I'm working on.

My name is Simon Roffe, and I live in Brooklyn. I'm married with 3 children, aged 5, 4, and 10 months.  I work as a consultant for the Sarina Roffe Consulting Group, and dabble in social media, real estate, and app development.

My mother and I are currently developing an app, so will be writing about the whole process here.  We're pretty far along now though, but will write about that in detail in a later post.

I'm pretty active on Twitter/Facebook/Instagram, and its pretty exhausting doing all that.  Its a great time-suck, but I love Twitter because it allows me to stay on top of recent events and to get information in 140 characters.

I also am an avid Baltimore Orioles and Washington Redskins fan. Before you ask, thats because I grew up in Maryland, not in New York.  And yes, its torture reading about the Yankees every day, which is why last year - after 14 years of below .500 ball, they made the playoffs and that was probably the most exciting 2-3 months I've had in a long time - in conjunction with the Redskins' playoff run with Robert Griffin III.

Will post more later about other topics.

1 comment: